Sunday, April 19, 2009

Texlaxing And Stretching

What is texlaxing?
Is when you leave a relaxer on your hair for only a short period of time to loosen the curl pattern according to hairs texture. Fine hair needs less processing time than coarser hair texture.


What is stretching?
Is when you stretch the amount of time between relaxers. Most hairdresser would like touch ups to be done at 6-8 weeks post. I believe in stretching for a least 12 weeks minimum. I try to stretch as long as my hair allows me to.


I am 10 weeks post. I usually stretch for 12 weeks, but it seems lately that stretching gets really hard after 9 weeks post. I am also texlaxed which is most likely the reason stretching to 12 weeks is so hard. I thought it would be a good idea to texlax and stretch, but now i'm rethinking that idea. My fine hair gets so tangled and i thinking texlaxed hair and stretching is not a good combination.
I'm thinking about going back to bone straight,but continuing to stretch my relaxers. Hmmm, i will keep yall updated

2 comments:

  1. Question: How does "texlaxing" help with the hair growth? Do you mix your relaxer with a conditioner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 02, 2012

    Good article with instructions. "Texlax: How and Why I Texlaxed My Natural 4C Hair After a Hair Horror Story".
    http://voices.yahoo.com/texlax-why-texlaxed-natural-4c-hair-after-11397018.html?cat=69

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :o)