Henna for thicker hair?
There has been so much debating about henna's ability to thicken hair. What's true and what's myth? I know my fine hair loves henna. Yes i do firmly believe henna does thicken hair. I've had fine hair all my life, so i know when there is a different feel to my hair, and also i can see the thickness. Although henna's thickening is temporary. You must continue to use henna to hold on to the thickness. I apply henna gloss 2x a month to keep my fine strands thicker.
What is henna?
Henna is a plant. Its leaves contain a property called lawsone, a red-orange pigment. The leaves are crushed into a powder. This powder can be used to color hair temporarily. It does not lighten, only deposits color.
How does henna work on the hair?
Henna: Think of Henna like a natural protein treatment. Henna works to stop breakage by strengthening the hair shaft and attaches itself to the keratin bonds of hair to thicken. Henna also works to seal and repair the cuticle which makes for more manageable hair, a plus when it comes to detangling. Although Henna is mainly known as a mega strengthener, Henna has conditioning properties as well, which leaves the hair shiny, soft and full of body.
|Shi-Naturals Henna Gloss|
How i apply the henna gloss
1. starting from the nape - part hair in 1 inch sections straight across
2. apply to roots (apply generous amount)
3. continue applying until all root areas are covered
4. apply generously to the length
5.put on a plastic cap
6. cover with a towel to trap body heat (i process for 1-2 hours)
8. proceed to styling (this henna gloss has a moisturizing conditioner mixed in, so i do not use another conditioner after rinsing)
Thicker, stronger hair with a touch of color :o)